Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waterfall hunting!

  Well, after another long break..I have returned. Our internet has been out for a few days, but that does not mean training has stopped! So, today I wanted to talk to you about the Barbarian race in particular.  A lot of us see this as a way to have fun and stay in shape, but let us look at the big picture.  Look at the people that you see do the Barbarian, and look at yourself. We all have a bond at the end of these races.  You make new friends...you live life.  Now, imagine taking this...further.  Alabama is the second fattest state in the country.  Alabama may not be the best state, but I am proud of my home state. The fact that we are so out of shape upsets me.  The Barbarian can not only change a few lives, but states as a whole.  The Barbarian reminded me of the healthy lifestyle, and I know I am not the only one it has done this for.  What I am asking of you reading this, is to help me spread the word.  Help me make Barbarian huge!  I am tired of all of the west coast states hogging the glory of being healthy.  You want a race close to you?  Start a petition! Get signatures!  Show the people at Barbarian that they are wanted, and I believe in all of my heart that it can happen.  The lives that the two races change per year is already amazing!  Just imagine how much 5 races could do...I know the people at Barbarian want to expand and continue to grow.  You can tell the people there care and are passionate about what they do.  I can't be the only one who wants more than 2 races per year...let it be known!  I will start with mine.  Bring the Barbarian to Tuscaloosa!  Leave some comments and let me know some places you would like to see have a Barbarian in the future!
  Now, my roommate is graduating Friday, and we will be leaving Saturday for a weekend in Brevard, NC.  The Land of the Waterfalls is what it is called.  A great training opportunity!  A couple of days of camping with some great trails and beautiful scenery is what I need.  I start getting a little anxious being in the city after a while.  That being said, I will have some great stories and pictures for you guys when I get back.  I will make it a point to get 2 more entries in before I leave. 
  Good workout and clean eating today! Here it is for you guys!

Workout-

Power hour- 12 pushups and 5 pull ups every minute on the minute for 1 hour.
Short and sweet, but a great workout!

Diet-

Breakfast- Oatmeal squares with banana and protein shake
Snack- Almonds and chocolate milk
Lunch- Tuna with brown rice and veggies
Snack- PB and banana sandwich
Dinner- Grilled pork chop with veggies and black beans

I am serious guys, leave comments and tell me where you want a race!  Let's make The Barbarian huge! Thanks for reading guys, and I hope all of your training is going well!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work out, I would had some squats to it.
    Bring the Barbarian Challenge to NC! Preferably central NC...Brevard works for me :)

    ReplyDelete