Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm back!

For starters, I had an amazing trip!  I love North Carolina, and the drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway is incredible.  We had a couple of days of hiking and beautiful sight seeing.  The weather was perfect, and it only rained on us the night before we left.  I wish I would have had a little more of a chance to do some good trail running, but I got some good exercise in regardless.  I will have some pictures for you guys soon!  I will say, I am happy to get back home and in my routine.  Any of you that are reading this knows what it's like to miss working out.  I got that way on the last day.  I won't say I was stressed in the woods, but I still needed that good solid workout.  On that note, today felt great!  We are getting very close to Gadsden, and I hope you are all as excited as I am!  So, here is today's workout.

Workout-
20x25- Swiss ball push ups(Alternate between hands on and feet on)
10x15- Pull ups(Alternate styles- Close grip, wide grip, and so on...)
10x15- Hanging knee raises
10x20- Crunches

*After work I am going to get in a good 30 minute run

Diet-
Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs and wheat toast with peanut butter
Snack- Protein shake
Lunch- Tuna salad(Replace the mayo with plain Greek yogurt! It is a great substitute)
Snack- Almonds and chocolate milk
Dinner- Grilled chicken with steamed vegetables.

*I am thinking about throwing in a Casien protein shake before bed from here on out, but haven't purchased any.

That is all for today guys! I hope you are all getting ready for Gadsden, and if you haven't been running hills...START!  If I have not mentioned it before, the hills in this race are nothing to joke about.  There was nothing in comparison in the Spartan...Thanks for reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment