Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

  These past few weeks have been amazing! Training is all about rhythm, and I have been in one!  There are times when training goes great, and there are times when it feels like you aren't even moving. The key is to never let your mind get out of it.  Besides a time when you are physically injured, is there ever a time you can actually remember where you worked out and felt bad about it?  When it comes down to it, it's not all about the abs and arms. For me personally, it is all about the mental aspect of it all.  Even if I go out for a 15 minute run,  for those 15 minutes nothing else is on my mind but listening to my body and the way it is responding to the pace of my feet hitting the ground.  In case I haven't mentioned it before, I am an advertising major at The University of Alabama, and with today's mini soapbox, I thought I would share two of my favorite ads with you all! 
"Nothing is the same after you run."



















  This morning we were supposed to film some video...we got up a little too early for mother nature.  It was too dark to film, and my roommate had to go to class. Have no fear! We will work on this tomorrow. This doesn't mean I didn't get my workout in for the day! So, here is today's workout!

Workout-
5x20-Squats with sand bag and weighted vest
5x20- Walking lunges with sand bag and weighted vest
5x10- 36inch box jump
10x15- push ups with weight vest
5x20- toe touches with log
5x20- ab rotation with log
5x10- hanging leg raises
15x30 second wind sprints

Diet-
Breakfast-2 eggs and oatmeal squares with fruit. (I hate oatmeal, but I am addicted to these.)
Snack-Protein shake (1 scoop protein, 1 cup almond milk), Handful of frozen blueberries
Lunch-Hamburger Helper...before the "unhealthy" comments come out, I am a college student and sometimes you do what you have to do. I did use the whole wheat with low fat milk and ground turkey instead of beef.  I try and make substitutions whenever I can.
Snack- PB& banana on wheat
Dinner- 1 can of tuna with mixed greens

Thank you guys for reading! I hope you have been enjoying it, and continue to read! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment