Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Long time!

Hey guys, sorry about the break!  I was going to write yesterday, but the internet was out at the house, and it's a pain to try and type one of these things on my phone.  It was a hectic weekend! Training got pushed to the back with work and one of my best friends getting married.  I hit it pretty hard yesterday and today, and it felt great!  I was going crazy waiting to get back out and run. 
  Before I get into today's workout, I was going to give you all a little info that I had been questioned about.  The main thing I have been asked about it footwear...The thing I prefer to run the races in, are my New Balance Minimus Trails.  I do not like this year's model, so I am trying out some Merrel True Gloves.  They seem pretty decent so far, but I am still leaning towards my Minimus.  The second thing is the type of protein I use.  I use Muscle Pharm Combat Powder. It is only 120 calories with 23 grams of protein and 4 carbs.  It is a little pricey, but I have just become used to it.  Leave some comments, and let me know what you guys use!
 Now, on to the workout!  I missed my logs this morning, so I reacquainted myself with them! This workout was quick, but a killer on the upper body.

Workout-
Start at 20 and work your way down with super sets.
20x overhead/chest press with biggest log you can manage then immediately drop into 
20x push ups
Rest 15-20 seconds
19x overhead/chest press with biggest log you can manage then immediately drop into 
19x push ups
18....you get the picture!
*Change up the push up variation each set!

I also took the pup out for a little jog and played a little frisbee. Like I said before, just get outside and have fun!

Diet-

Breakfast- Oatmeal squares with almond milk and sliced banana. Protein shake
Snack- Peanut butter and banana on wheat
Lunch- Tuna with black beans and rice
Snack- Turkey sandwich
Dinner- Grilled lamb gyro with fruit

Thanks for reading guys! Feel free to ask any questions you have for me!  Tomorrow, me and my roommate are going to film one of our workouts and hopefully that video will be up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment